When I joined Zalo, the team back then had only 5 designers working with around 8 verticals and a number of Product owners, managers – lacking process and methods. With great vision of our Product Director, we have had a great opportunity to start doing something different for UX at Zalo.
Here are the list of goals I want to do at zalo:
For Design team:
- A DesignOps culture
- Establishing a solid UX process
- Scaling the team, hire more designer to build Design A-team.
For Zalo UX:
- A Design System
- UX Audit
- Information Architecture map
- Mental Model for Zalo
- Design Principles
- Content Strategy
For Design team
My plan in order to achieve those goals:
- Talk with stakeholders, product team, researchers (UXR), content (at the beginning we didn't have UX writing yet) and of course developers.
- Learn how people has been working
- Understand how people has been thinking about UX so far
I cannot share all the problems publicly, but a short summary as below:
Actions & Outputs
After getting all the insights, problems from different teams, I start writing a design brief document and share it to everyone with the hope that they will follow